Lateral Leadership (German)
Gain commitment and achieve goals
Gain commitment and achieve goals
Modern forms of cooperation – within flat management structures, matrix or expert organizations – demand a new understanding of leadership. Leadership at eye level means without the hierarchical authority of a manager having to exert influence in order to achieve goals together.
Classical leadership tools reach their limits. With the Commitment Game Plate our approach of lateral leadership at eye level provides an instrument for the core tasks of a lateral leader: strategy development and communication.
Are you a lateral manager or an expert in the field?
Then the following program awaits you in the seminar Lateral Leadership at Eye Level:
- Commitment game board – situation analysis and strategic course setting
- Key people, authority at eye level and strategic options
- Success factor communication – Yin/Yang-Commitment
- Building trust, convincing and achieving sustainable agreements
- Dealing with resistance, conflicts and power games
- dealing with your special role as a leader without disciplinary power
- know and analyze the essential success factors for the implementation of your projects
- ability to use relevant communication strategies to win over your fellow players for your concerns
- online pre-work: Individual definition of goals, preparatory tasks
- Training: 2 days
- Online follow-up: transfer tasks, target controlling, follow-up webinar including check of your results
Your Trainer Mag. Gunther Fürstberger
Gunther Fürstberger is the managing director of MDI Management Development International and has dedicated himself for more than 20 years to the topic of leadership and development as a trainer, coach and consultant for large companies from a wide range of industries. Lateral leadership is his area of expertise.
Your impression of the seminar “Leading at eye level?
I benefited a lot from the two seminar days, but also from the design of the entire learning process. In the transfer phase, a few weeks after the training, we had a short webinar. The mere fact that the topic is not finally completed with the training, but is followed by a further examination of the content, meant that what was learned was not forgotten so quickly. The topics have remained more present with regard to the webinar. As a result, I have been able to bring the contents more consciously into my everyday work.
Dates on request - just contact us!
Get an insight into the course
Would you like to read more about lateral guidance?
Lateral guidance in digital transformation
Do we still need a boss in times of digital transformation? The end of the hierarchy has often been heralded in the recent years. Gunther Fürstberger, managing director of MDI, says: Yes! What matters is the right balance between lateral and hierarchical leadership. In a guest article on Karriereboost.de, he explains the challenges managers who face in digital transformation and what is important for leadership in digitization.
Super-Species Lateral Leadership
Lateral leadership means leading without disciplinary power. The species of the lateral leader is finding its way more and more into the role allocation in companies and with it the challenges that lurk in the daily work routine but also the opportunities that this role brings with it. This article takes a close look at them.
Am I a lateral manager?
Lateral leadership means exerting influence and controlling without a direct superior function. Are you wondering whether you have a role as a lateral leader? Take a look at our role overview.