Focus: Learning transfer.
On-the-job application is our goal.
Studies (Brinkerhoff) tell us that only one out of six participants will successfully apply what he/she learned during the training. Four participants will try once, fail and never try again. And there is always one who does not even try.
How we face this challenge
All our measures are aiming at integrated learning transfer. We learned that success criteria are:
- Clarifying the objectives – from business needs to learners´ goals
- Designing programs with application in mind – desired behaviors in defined situations in the workplace
- Involving the managers as “coaches” – to get things done
- Making everything visible – before, during and after
- Practice – effective training that can be practised and applied
- Integrating well-proven tools – from e-learning to our Integrated Learning Transfer Platform and reflection guides in the training
- Modern ways of learning – Social learning and peer coaching as well as target-oriented webinars are part and parcel of all our programs
Learning transfer in practice: The MDI learning transfer platform
Our web-based Integrated Learning Transfer Platform supports the participants of seminars and trainings to successfully apply the new know-how for the long-term. With the aid of e-learning the platform offers:
- Empowerment: self-directed, flexible learning
- Commitment: integrating the superior as a learning coach
- Individual achievement of objectives: setting, reviewing and evaluating goals
- Sustainability: accompanied learning process
- Practice: effective training that can be practised and applied
- Learning network: exchange of experience, peer coaching
- Learning success: transparency and measurement of the learning success
Our common result
Looking at past customer projects using the platform we’ve seen a significant rise of the application quote. And in the end it’s not only one participant applying the training contents in practice but four!
Mag. Gunther Fürstberger
Managing Director & Head of Business Development
Kirkpatrick Certified Professional Bronze Level
+43 1 524 17 17 17
Learning transfer in our projects
These days, the Learning & Development industry is undergoing a considerable change. Digital tools and online offers are on the rise and HR departments face new challenges as well as new possibilities when it comes to employee and leadership development.